Today we are excited to announce the arrival of the Brakeman Pro Engine!
Brakeman Pro Engine is the Ruby gem version of Brakeman Pro, suitable for use from the command line or as part of continuous integration.
Brand new in the Engine release is our Minitest and RSpec test integration. Instead of running Brakeman Pro manually or as an external application in CI, our new test integrations allow you to simply add Brakeman Pro as an assertion in your tests. This is the fastest and easiest way to add automated security tests to a Rails application.
Desktop and Engine
With the introduction of the Brakeman Pro Engine, our products are now split into Desktop and Engine. You may purchase licenses for them separately or together.
To help decide which product works best for you, consider:
Brakeman Pro Desktop - for investigating and tracking security warnings.
- Manage many scans across multiple applications, all in one place.
- Quickly triage and track warnings in the GUI.
- Convenient access to deeper information about the Rails application being scanned.
Brakeman Pro Engine - for continuous, automated security tests.
- Add to application tests for instant automated security coverage.
- Easily run from command line and integrate with other tools.
- Generate useful JSON, HTML, and text reports.
See our Features page for even more information.
How to Purchase
If you have not purchased Brakeman Pro yet, you can view our pricing and purchase licenses directly from our site.
Need to try Brakeman Pro first? We also offer a free trial version of Brakeman Pro Desktop.
(Customers who purchased Brakeman Pro licenses prior to September 14th, 2016 have full access to the Engine gem.)